Hana Umami Red
The HANA-Umami Red high-end moving coil cartridge combines brilliant materials and classic Japanese techniques with modern audio engineering. Ebony wood, rare-earth magnets, precision-cut diamond, high-purity copper wires, Urushi lacquering, and CNC machined Duralumin synergize under the vision of Hana designer Okada-san.
The synergistic relationship in MC generators between magnet, armature, and coil windings is a critical aspect of outstanding cartridge design; and like a signature dish at a Michelin 3-star restaurant, every element and detail working in concert results in a memorable and emotional experience.
All the major parts in a HANA-Umami Red are manufactured in house by Excel Sound with its rich history spanning over 50 years. Excel’s highly trained craftsmen skillfully hand assemble the HANA-Umami Red ensuring an intensely musical experience furthering the HANA “Brilliant and Gorgeous” sound quality.
Umami Sound - Wonderful Taste in Music
- Stylus: Microline
- Cantilever: Boron
- Magnetic Circuitry: Pure Iron/Cryo Treatment
- Coil Wire: High Purity Copper
- Output Level: 0.4 mv
- Output Balance: <0.5/1kHz
- Trackability: 70 µm/2g
- Channel Separation: 30dB/1kHz
- Frequency Response: 10-50,000Hz
- Impedance: <6Ω/1kHz
- Suggested Load Impedance: 60kΩ
- Magnet: Samarium Cobalt
- Vertical Tracking Force: 2g
- Cartridge Weight: 10.5g
- Body Material: Duralumin (A7075), Ebony Wood
- Body Finish: Gloss Urushi Lacquer/ Red